Hey y’all… Happy New Year!!🎉
ICYMI: I didn’t do very well with last year’s challenges.🙄 But it’s a NEW year and I’m determined to rock it!😜
Who likes to do reading challenges? Since I began blogging almost 5 years ago, I’ve learned a few things about challenges:
* Sometimes I find myself really needing the structure and guidance that a reading challenge provides! It’s so hard to decide on a book sometimes!
* And sometimes, I feel bogged down with having to follow a “schedule.” I want to be free to pick and choose according to my mood!
Use hashtag #2022AudiobookChallenge on social media to alert others of your listens and progress!
Current 2021 audio junkies, the last check in will be December 30th and you’ll have 7 days to link up and share your results.
- Runs January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2022 than you did in 2021.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
In 2021, I listened to 4 audiobooks so this year, I’m upping my level to WEEKEND WARRIOR which is 5-10 books!🎉
This is my 6th year participating in this challenge! Any reviews I write will be published here first. I’m pledging to read 75 books this year.
You can follow me here: https://www.goodreads.com/hipchic75
Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge
The time has come again to tackle your TBR!
The Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge is returning for its 6th year in 2022! Designed to help you tackle all the books you keep meaning to read and still haven’t, this challenge is flexible enough to work for all kinds of readers.
The guidelines are simple:
- The book must be published in the previous year or earlier (for the 2022 challenge, anything published in 2021 or earlier counts).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2022.
- And that’s it!
Any format, any genre. Re-reads count, and you don’t have to own the book. It’s open for the entire year so whenever you feel like jumping in, you can!
Are you on the StoryGraph website?
StoryGraph is a great alternative to using Goodreads and is only growing as a platform. One of the great functions is that you can track multiple Reading Challenges (both personal ones as well as public challenges). We wanted to make sure that Beat the Backlist was one of those so when you join the StoryGraph community, you can also join BTB on there and track your books! We’ve even included all the optional reading prompts in case you want to use them.
OFFICIAL CHALLENGE HASHTAGS
Feel free to use any or all of the hashtags below when talking about the challenge online!
I think that’s all I’ll be committing to this year! I might do one or two more but we’ll see. Do you participate in book challenges? Have a marvelous day y’all!💜