Hey y’all… Happy Thursday!🎄
I’m determined to make this year GREAT (or at least BETTER than last year)! One of my intentions for 2021 is to push my boundaries by trying new things not only for my blog but for me. My son, Thing 2 and I have been throwing around the idea of a book club so I thought, “Why not?” I’ll start a BOOK CLUB and ta-da! Bobo’s Book Club was born!
Now please bear with me while I figure out how do to this thing! I created the club through Amazon and it seems pretty straightforward but we’ll see as we go along. You don’t have to join in order to read along but we’d love to have you if you’re interested.
Here’s What To Do:
* Go to Bobo’s Book Club or follow this link:
* Originally, I’d hoped to post a new book every month but I’ve been procrastinating terribly these past few months! But I will post our chosen book on the Book Club page on Amazon then I will post my review of the book after I’ve read it. If you’d like me to include a quote from your thoughts and/or review please contact me!
* If you can, post a short review and/or star rating on Amazon and/or Goodreads. Reviews are NOT mandatory but I think it’d be appreciated!
* Books can be any format you choose: physical, ebook or audio.
* You can purchase the book at any retailer you choose (or visit your library!)
*Read at your own pace, skip any that don’t interest you (but give new books a try, you may be surprised!)
* HAVE FUN!
- “WHAT WAS YOUR INITIAL REACTION TO THE BOOK? DID IT HOOK YOU IMMEDIATELY, OR TAKE SOME TIME TO GET INTO?”
- “DO YOU THINK THE STORY WAS PLOT-BASED OR CHARACTER DRIVEN?”
- “WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE/PASSAGE?”
- “WHAT MADE THE SETTING UNIQUE OR IMPORTANT? COULD THE STORY HAVE TAKEN PLACE ANYWHERE?”
- “DID YOU PICK OUT ANY THEMES THROUGHOUT THE BOOK?”
- “HOW DID THE CHARACTERS CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE STORY? HOW DID YOUR OPINION OF THEM CHANGE?”
- “DID THE BOOK CHANGE YOUR OPINION OR PERSPECTIVE ABOUT ANYTHING? DO YOU FEEL DIFFERENT NOW THAN YOU DID BEFORE YOU READ IT?”
The Christmas Sisters: A Novel
In the snowy Highlands of Scotland, Suzanne McBride is dreaming of the perfect cozy Christmas. Her three adopted daughters are coming home for the holidays and she can’t wait to see them. But tensions are running high…
Workaholic Hannah knows she can’t avoid spending the holidays with her family two years in a row. But it’s not the weight of their expectations that’s panicking her—it’s the life-changing secret she’s hiding. Stay-at-home mom Beth is having a personal crisis. All she wants for Christmas is time to decide if she’s ready to return to work—seeing everyone was supposed to help her stress levels, not increase them! Posy isn’t sure she’s living her best life, but with her parents depending on her, making a change seems risky. But not as risky as falling for gorgeous new neighbor Luke…
As Suzanne’s dreams of the perfect McBride Christmas unravel, she must rely on the magic of the season to bring her daughters together. But will this new togetherness teach the sisters that their close-knit bond is strong enough to withstand anything—including a family Christmas?
I’m looking forward to some sweet holiday reading! Have an amazing day y’all!💜
Hope you enjoy it Trisy ❤