Hey y’all… Happy Wednesday!🙃
I’m determined to make this year GREAT (or at least BETTER than last year)! One of my intentions for 2021 is to push my boundaries by trying new things not only for my blog but for me. My son, Thing 2 and I have been throwing around the idea of a book club so I thought, “Why not?” I’ll start a BOOK CLUB and ta-da! Bobo’s Book Club was born!
Now please bear with me while I figure out how do to this thing! I created the club through Amazon and it seems pretty straightforward but we’ll see as we go along. You don’t have to join in order to read along but we’d love to have you if you’re interested.
Here’s What To Do:
* Go to Bobo’s Book Club or follow this link:
* Originally, I’d hoped to post a new book every month but I’ve been procrastinating terribly these past few months! But I will post our chosen book on the Book Club page on Amazon then I will post my review of the book after I’ve read it. If you’d like me to include a quote from your thoughts and/or review please contact me!
* If you can, post a short review and/or star rating on Amazon and/or Goodreads. Reviews are NOT mandatory but I think it’d be appreciated!
* Books can be any format you choose: physical, ebook or audio.
* You can purchase the book at any retailer you choose (or visit your library!)
*Read at your own pace, skip any that don’t interest you (but give new books a try, you may be surprised!)
* HAVE FUN!
- “WHAT WAS YOUR INITIAL REACTION TO THE BOOK? DID IT HOOK YOU IMMEDIATELY, OR TAKE SOME TIME TO GET INTO?”
- “DO YOU THINK THE STORY WAS PLOT-BASED OR CHARACTER DRIVEN?”
- “WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE/PASSAGE?”
- “WHAT MADE THE SETTING UNIQUE OR IMPORTANT? COULD THE STORY HAVE TAKEN PLACE ANYWHERE?”
- “DID YOU PICK OUT ANY THEMES THROUGHOUT THE BOOK?”
- “HOW DID THE CHARACTERS CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE STORY? HOW DID YOUR OPINION OF THEM CHANGE?”
- “DID THE BOOK CHANGE YOUR OPINION OR PERSPECTIVE ABOUT ANYTHING? DO YOU FEEL DIFFERENT NOW THAN YOU DID BEFORE YOU READ IT?”
* Here’s the line up for the next few months:
In the house of Helios, god of the sun and mightiest of the Titans, a daughter is born. But Circe is a strange child — not powerful, like her father, nor viciously alluring like her mother. Turning to the world of mortals for companionship, she discovers that she does possess power — the power of witchcraft, which can transform rivals into monsters and menace the gods themselves.
Threatened, Zeus banishes her to a deserted island, where she hones her occult craft, tames wild beasts and crosses paths with many of the most famous figures in all of mythology, including the Minotaur, Daedalus and his doomed son Icarus, the murderous Medea, and, of course, wily Odysseus.
But there is danger, too, for a woman who stands alone, and Circe unwittingly draws the wrath of both men and gods, ultimately finding herself pitted against one of the most terrifying and vengeful of the Olympians. To protect what she loves most, Circe must summon all her strength and choose, once and for all, whether she belongs with the gods she is born from, or the mortals she has come to love.
With unforgettably vivid characters, mesmerizing language, and page-turning suspense, Circe is a triumph of storytelling, an intoxicating epic of family rivalry, palace intrigue, love and loss, as well as a celebration of indomitable female strength in a man’s world.
Big Summer: A Novel
Under the Whispering Door
Sorry about the uneven monthly schedule, several people wanted to read Under the Whispering Door but it doesn’t release till late September! Have a great day y’all!💜