Hey y’all… Let’s talk Reading Challenges! (Partial repost from November!)😉
Who likes to do reading challenges? Since I began blogging almost 4 years ago, I’ve learned a few things about challenges:
* Sometimes I find myself really needing the structure and guidance that a reading challenge provides! It’s so hard to decide on a book sometimes!
* And sometimes, I feel bogged down with having to follow a “schedule.” I want to be free to pick and choose according to my mood!
So basically, I’m a nut! Does anyone remember that old candy commercial…”Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t?” Yup, that’s me!!😜
Anyhow, I decided to try the
2021 Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge
I’ve done this one before but I think I’ll totally enjoy it next year even more because the rules will be very loose-y goose-y!
The Beat the Backlist reading challenge is designed to help you tackle all the books you keep meaning to read and still haven’t. The guidelines are simple:
- The book must be published in the previous year or earlier (for the 2021 challenge, anything published in 2020 or earlier counts).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2021.
- And that’s it!
Any format, any genre. Re-reads count, and you don’t have to own the book. It’s open for the entire year so whenever you feel like jumping in, you can!
I’m choosing to read 24 books and I’ll be picking and using the prompts that are suggested. If this sounds like you’re gig, go check it out @www.novelknight.com
2021 Goodreads Challenge
This is my FIFTH year participating in this challenge! Any reviews I write will be published here first. I’m pledging to read 115 books this year (& I’m already behind!)😁 You can follow me here: https://www.goodreads.com/hipchic75
And my results from 2020…
Shhh…[Smut, heroes & HEAs]
Shh… [Smut, heroes & HEAs…] is a worldwide All-Author Fan group dedicated to contemporary Romance & Erotica.
Join Shh… to celebrate our love for reading, participate in author events, giveaways, and reading challenges. Enhance your reading with discussions in our weekly book-themed TopPick chats. Plus, take advantage of offers in our Author Corner and enjoy games in our PLaYRoOM!
We have hosted LIVE chats and other events with hundreds of the hottest best-sellers in Romance & Erotica, including Kristen Ashley, Jana Aston, Sawyer Bennett, K. Bromberg, Brittainy C. Cherry, Claire Contreras, Jay Crownover, Whitney G., Pam Godwin, T.M. Frazier, Helena Hunting, Vi Keeland, R.K. Lilley, Jodi Ellen Malpas, Marni Mann, Raine Miller, Laurelin Paige, C.D. Reiss, Tiffany Reisz, Alexa Riley, Aleatha Romig, Nashoda Rose, Kennedy Ryan, Shay Savage, Emma Scott, L.J. Shen, Mia Sheridan, Sierra Simone, Tijan, Anna Todd, Alessandra Torre, Penelope Ward, Skye Warren, Pepper Winters & many more.
Shh… was created by NYT & USA Today bestselling contemporary erotica author Alessandra Torre & SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ in the wake of Fifty Shades and Crossfire, with the intent on providing a forum where readers & authors can connect & a safe place for readers to hang out to read and chat Smut, heroes & HEAs…
This is my second or third year participating in this one, it’s crazy fun! I’m a group member on Goodreads. Check it out here: https://www.goodreads.com
Audiobook Challenge 2021
We have a new co-host and a new category to achieve! Please welcome Jen from That’ s What I am Talking About.
Use hashtag #2021AudiobookChallenge on social media to alert others of your listens and progress!
- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 <= ME!🤓
Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
This is my first time participating for this challenge but it’s my New Year intention to give audiobooks an honest try! Thanks Caro for the info!!😘
So FOUR new reading challenges this year! What about you, do you enjoy reading challenges? Have a fantastic day y’all!💜