Hey y’all… It’s THAT time of the year again, woot woot!⛄
I’m linking up with my blogger buddy, Sophie @Beware of the Reader to bring you another round of my BEST READS OF 2020! I’ve done this before and its so much fun! Go check out her blog if you get a chance, she’s fabulous!😍
*From Sophie’s blog:
If you follow me for some years you know that at the end of each year , in December, I give you my best reads of the year.
Daily posts looking back into 2020 and gushing about my favorites.
Well this is happening again!
It’s been launched on Instagram already with other bloggers cohosting with me, some of whom are on WordPress like @sophiesreadingcorner others not like @pavlinamich ; @eliz_white and @utcabookblog .
I will post on Instagram, the blog and facebook.
If you too want to show your favorites this year, I’d be very happy to see you join us.
We’ll used #bestreadsof2020 as hashtag on social media (I confess that I will follow on Instagram with an eagle eye LOL).
Here below are the topics.
The Life That Mattered by Jewel E. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Life That Mattered is book 1 in the Life series. It ends in a cliffhanger, books one and two should be read together!
Ronin Alexander is a paramedic on the ski patrol. He’s traveled the world and been happy but when he meets beautiful bath shop owner, Evelyn Taylor, he knows his wandering days are over. They fall madly in love and it should be happily ever after for them but life isn’t always that simple. Together, with their best friends, Graham and Lila, they’ll all learn that things aren’t always what they seem and actions always have consequences.
Honestly, I don’t even know where to start! I’ve never read author Jewel E. Ann before but at the urging of a good blogger friend, I decided to check this duet out. Thank goodness I did because I think it’s probably one of the best stories I’ve ever read! Evie and Ronin, Lila and Graham will stay with me for a long time. I can’t say too much about the storyline without giving anything away so here’s some of my thoughts on both books one AND two.
* I absolutely, positively, unconditionally FLOVE Ronin and Evie together! They’re one of the best couples I’ve come across in a long time and I desperately needed them to have an HEA.
* Jewel E. Ann’s style of writing is superb! She has a fantastical way of pulling you into the story and the characters become your friends, your family, ingrained in your mind and your heart for all time.
* Because I was so invested in the characters, I found myself experiencing a rainbow of emotion- from elation to the deepest sorrow. I laughed, cried, screamed, pled, swooned. My heart broke apart then the pieces slowly reunited and found a place with Ronin and Evie firmly entwined.
* There’s a bit of paranormal or maybe just whimsy weaved into the story plus some religious references. You might have to take a small leap of faith to truly understand Ronin but I adored the extra twists to the plot.
* I found myself in that murky “grey” area between right and wrong, at least in my world. It’s not a place I enjoy going to a whole lot but it was totally worth the trip!
In the end, I flew through this romance. I literally stayed up All. Night. Long. for two days straight to finish this duet! You’ve been warned! One of THE BEST OF 2020 and definitely on my READ AGAIN E-SHELF! Told from multiple POVs with a sad yet hopeful and strangely beautiful ending. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.
View all my reviews
This was my intro to Jewel E. Ann and I’m officially hooked on her work! Anyone read this one? Have a fantastic day y’all!💜