King of the Causeway: A King Series Story
A massive hurricane looms off the coast of Florida while a different kind of storm is brewing in Logan’s beach.
A mysterious newcomer is vying for the title of King of the Causeway. He’ll do anything to steal the crown, including bringing someone back from King’s past who will threaten a lot more than the title King has spent his lifetime building.
A hurricane is coming.
And it could destroy everything.
(This novella features King & Ray from King & Tyrant)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
King of the Causeway is book #9.5 in the King series. It’s a short novella within the series so if you just want a taste, this is the perfect book to dip your toe in!
Logan’s Beach is about to be hit with a huge storm…both outside and in the King household. Can Doe and King weather the disaster together?
Ok so, I originally rated this one 3 stars but after some thought and because I adore the cover (it’s all in the details!), I decided to bump it up to 4 stars.
Let’s start with the good stuff:
1. Anything with King and Doe in it is worth reading! I absolutely loved revisiting these characters and really…I never wanna leave!
2. We get a glimpse of life after the fall, like an extended epilogue.
3. The story touches on an important subject..depression. It’s one close to my heart since I’ve lived my life in its shadow.
4. My good friend Preppy (and even a small scene with Bear) make an appearance. Because PANCAKES!
Now here’s why I debated with a lower rating:
1. I honestly have a love/hate relationship with novellas. They’re either spectacular for me or just kinda blah.
2. This story felt rushed and a bit underdeveloped, probably because of its length.
3. It could have used some polishing. A few mistakes here and there, I can gloss over but when it’s constant, it distracts from the flow of the story and then I get grumpy!
Overall, this is a good book to read if you have an hour or two to kill or you just desperately want a small slice of the goodness of Logan’s Beach (like me)! Told from dual POVs with a happy ending. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/345U8uN
Amazon Global: http://mybook.to/KingoftheCauseway
Apple Books: https://t.co/qeldPrMpYg?amp=1
Paperback: Coming Soon
T.M. enjoys writing what she calls ‘wrong side of the tracks romance’ with morally corrupt anti-heroes and ballsy heroines.
Her books have been described as raw, dark and gritty. Basically, what that means, is while some authors are great at describing a flower as it blooms, T.M. is better at describing it in the final stages of decay.
She loves meeting her readers, but if you see her at an event please don’t pinch her because she’s not ready to wake up from this amazing dream.
Join T.M. in Frazierland! www.facebook.com/groups/tmfrazierland
Connect with T.M. Frazier
For Text Alerts: TEXT “TMFRAZIER” TO 77948
*Standard text messaging rates apply*
Who else has read this one? What did you think about it? Have a fabulous day y’all💜