About two weeks ago, I was nominated for my VERY FIRST Liebster award by the very groovy Jay from thisismytruthnow.com! Thanks Jay!! Unfortunately, I’ve been CRAZY busy with graduations and end of school obligations so I’m BARELY getting around to this. But I guess it’s never too late to find some cool new blogs, right?
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
- What made you start blogging?
- What are the primary content areas on your site?
- What other languages can you speak, read or write?
- Which color best describes your choice in books?
- What is your favorite of the 7 deadly sins, and why?
- What other job would you want to have?
- What foods can’t you stomach no matter how hard you try? (You must have tried it before)
- What zoo animal would you most want as a pet?
- Who do you live with?
- Describe the perfect book.
- Which blog that you follow is your must-read every day? Only 1!
1. What made you start blogging?
Honestly, reading can be an expensive habit for me since I read about 3 to 5 books per week. About a year ago, I learned about the magic of ARC reading. Then, I realized how much other cool stuff I could do with a blog & WA LA! Bobo’s Book Bank was born!
2. What are the primary content areas on your site?
Reviews, Cover Reveals, Giveaways, New Releases, Excerpts, Spotlights, Promos, Blitzes and Blasts!🎉
3. What other languages can you speak, read or write?
I come from a big, crazy Hispanic familia but can only speak and read a little bit of Spanish! ¿Hables espanol?
4. Which color best describes your choice in books?
I think RED best describes the books I read most since I love reading stories with a bit of SPICE to them!
5. What is your favorite of the 7 deadly sins, and why?
A bunch of years ago, I read Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley (which I’ll be adding to my Retro Faves soon!) and one of the main characters, Indy, enjoys “disco” naps. Well, about a year before I read this book, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia which is a chronic disease that keeps me constantly in pain. The meds I take often leave me sleepy and feeling like a SLOTH. So, I’ve adopted Indy’s “disco” nap mentality and embraced my life as a SLOTH! You guessed it, SLOTH is my favorite deadly sin!
6. What other job would you want to have?
I’ve always loved the ocean so I’d want to be a marine biologist. I actually went to college at Texas A&M in Corpus Christi for marine biology but dropped out when I had my first son in 1998!
7. What foods can’t you stomach no matter how hard you try? (You must have tried it before)
Ever tried MENUDO? It’s a spicy (& traditional hangover cure) Mexican soup made with tripe meat (the tender part of a cow’s stomach) & hominy. I had to hold my nose to taste it but BLECH!! I can’t stand the stuff!
8. What zoo animal would you most want as a pet?
9. Who do you live with?
I live with my hubby (just celebrated 22 years married!), my three boys (ages 19, 16 & 11), my chihuahua Molly & three lazy cats!
10. Describe the perfect book.
My idea of a perfect book has strong characters, a plot that’s written well and reads smoothly and a hot romance!
11. Which blog that you follow is your must-read every day? Only 1!
ONLY 1?!? Well, I guess the one I read every day belongs to Sophie at Beware Of The Reader Blog!!
MY 11 NOMINEES:
I’m so late to this party that I think all or most of the blogs I follow have already participated so I’ll open this up to ANYONE! I hope to learn more about you guys…
MY 11 QUESTIONS:
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- If you could be a super hero, who would you be and why?
- What genre and/or trope do like reading best?
- What book are you MOST looking forward to reading this year?
- Do you perfer reading Indie authors or traditional authors and why?
- Remember, the 90’s t.v. show FRIENDS? Which character would you be and why? (Joey, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Monica or Chandler)
- What’s the first full length book you ever read?
- Do you share your TBR list with anyone or do you like to keep it secret? If you do share…what’s the seventh book on your list?
- Coffe or tea?
- Do you ever reread books? If you do, which one have you reread the most?
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Thanks again Jay!!